We are legally required to work with the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, which supports children’s learning, development and welfare. Learning and development is divided into 3 Prime areas of learning and 4 Specific areas. These are listed below with some examples of what this looks like at our nursery school:
1. Personal, Social and Emotional Development: you will see children working together to solve problems.
2. Communication and Language: you will see a group of children listening to a story.
3. Physical Development: you will see children jumping off our climbing wall and landing safely.
1. Literacy: you will see children experimenting with mark making and writing.
2. Mathematics: you will see children weighing out ingredients as they follow a recipe.
3. Understanding the World: you will see children observing and talking about the eggs that we hatch in Spring.
4. Expressive Arts and Design: you will see children constructing a den.